COURSE #3: How To Convert Prospects Into Long-term Partners
Everything you need to know on the journey from first contact to signed contract (and how to avoid the traps in between!).
This course is all about conversion... taking prospects who are aware of what you do and converting them into passionate believers. And if you've been in this game longer than 5 minutes you'll know that this can take some time, right?! We call the process of converting sponsors the art and science of a 'slow yes'... moving potential sponsors along a pathway from first conversation to signed contract. But the point is, we have created a pathway that's proven to increase your conversion rate. So here's how we've structured this course....
In the first part of this course you'll learn why so many first meetings seem to go so well then you hear nothing from the potential sponsor. But more importantly, you'll learn how to change that, how to switch the game from the chaser to being chased. Whether this sounds like a pipe dream, or incredibly enticing, our students often experience this exact scenario.
Once you've unlocked the true potential of the partnership (see the first lesson in this course!!) you'll then discover how to respond. The big trap is to rush to the end. Again it nearly always ends in radio silence. You'll learn how to craft a response that positions your brand as the solution to the potential sponsor's challenges... this is the pivot point in any relationship... the power shifts.
Only then are you ready for the final stage of conversion - crafting the value and benefits exchange, the in-principle agreement and the contract.
This course will teach you how to play the long game by finding great partners and setting-up BOTH organisations for success.
Who's this course been created for?
This course has been designed for any sponsorship practitioner or manager that wants to ensure they are converting prospects at the highest rate possible for their organisation.
What should I expect from the course?
All courses in the Academy have been designed for people who have a live project and can apply the theory and practical advice to their project using the work sheets and resource tools that are provided. You can literally do the lesson and apply the learnings immediately.
What will I learn?
- Learn how to start the 'sales' process with the end in mind, so you know exactly what to do and when
- Learn who to include at each step of the process and when to bring in your 'big guns'
- Discover how to structure the all important first meeting, what to present and how to avoid the sponsorship 'death traps'
- Know how to set up the next steps in the process so everyone is on the same page
- Learn why it's critical to never solve the problem in front of the potential sponsor
- Walk through the sponsorship response template that's proven to increase conversion
- Know how to spot the buying signs and when to close the deal
- Learn how to set up the partnership for long term success by delivering more than you promised
Tim started his career in the Arts as a performer (Musical Theatre, WAAPA, 1994). In 1999 he joined the world of advertising and marketing. He went on to work for some of the biggest brands in the world including Krispy Kreme, McDonald’s, Nike and Mattel. He led Brand Marketing teams overseeing the creation of strategic sponsorships and the marketing leverage of those sponsorships. Numerous campaigns that Tim created have been recognised with global awards. He joined Fit Sponsorship Group as a partner in 2014.